June 6 - 9, 2012 in Vienna, Austria
As a Platinum Sponsor of the Europerio 7, DENTSPLY Friadent staged two workshops with internationally renowned experts from the fields of research and practice: Georgios E. Romanos (USA), Joerg Meyle (Germany) and Anastasia Kelekis-Cholakis (Canada) presented first-hand guidelines and strategies for mastering successfully inflammatory tissue reactions and hence for maintaining healthy tissue conditions over time to more than 1000 delegates.
DENTSPLY Friadent Platinum Sponsor Sessions
Wednesday, June 6, 2012, 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Strategies against peri-implantitis: From treatment planning to long-term healthy tissue conditions
Georgios E. Romanos, Stony Brook University, New York, USA
It was the aim of this pre-conference workshop to present and discuss implantological concepts, which contribute towards preventing inflammatory tissue reactions and providing crestal bone stability in the long term.
With the aid of clinical cases, the attendees were shown:
- Characteristics of modern implant designs foe stabilizing and controlling peri-implant bone loss
- Prosthetic concepts in implant therapy, which optimize the plaque control
- Treatment protocols controlling peri-implant crestal bone loss after grafting procedures and maintaining the peri-implant soft and hard tissue stability
- Treatment options with long-term success in peri-implant bone loss using regenerative procedures
About 550 delegates took the opportunity to participate in this workshop and many benefitted from the professional exchange of experience after the lecture.
Friday, June 8, 2012, 12:15 pm – 1:45 pm
Mastering adverse tissue reactions in implant practice
On Friday, DENTSPLY Friadent invited the delegates to “Lunchtime Lectures” with Professor Joerg Meyle and Anastasia Kelekis-Cholakis, two experienced experts in matters of strategies and treatment concepts for long-term implant success, even in patients with inflammatory tissue reactions.
Long-term success of implants in periodontitis patients – clinical strategies
Joerg Meyle, University of Giessen, Germany
During this first presentation, long-term success of endosseous implants in patients treated for periodontitis was reviewed in terms of treatment concepts. This included:
- Analysis of the specific situation in patients with periodontitis
- Treatment concepts and their impact
- Implant therapy as part of a comprehensive approach in severe cases of periodontitis
- Planning and maintenance strategies
- Impact of maintenance strategies on the periodontal status and the long-term success of implant therapy
Treatment of hard and soft tissue complications in implant therapy
University of Manitoba, Canada
The aim of the second presentation was to confront the clinician with potential hard and soft tissue complications following implant therapy and to review their management and potential preventive measures.
Attendees were able to:
- Review potential hard and soft tissue complications
- Identify management methods
- Discuss potential preventive measures
While having snacks and drinks, about 650 conference delegates took the opportunity to attend these two lectures combining scientific background with clinical experience and the final discussion moderated by Professor Martin Lorenzoni, University of Graz, Austria.
25 years of ANKYLOS
For 25 years, ANKYLOS has been “connected with you”.
During two “Happy Hours” many congress participants joined DENTSPLY Friadent at the exhibition booth to celebrate 25 years of clinical success and long-term tissue stability with the tapered TissueCare connection over sparkling wine and snacks. At the booth, delegates were also able to learn more about exciting new prosthetic options at for patient-specific CAD/CAM solutions, the new SmartFix concept for restoring tilted ANKYLOS and XiVE implants for optimal use of the available bone volume and many more DENTSPLY Friadent treatment solutions “from root to crown”.
You will find a selection of images of DENTSPLY Friadent at Europerio 7 in Vienna, Austria at Flickr.com.
Downloads IDS 2011
DENTSPLY Friadent is represented at the following events:To the calendar of events